We have come to a sad time, where we mark the end of active ministry for a number of our priests:
- The Reverend Paul Beasley has retired as Priest-in-Charge of Innisfail & Tully, due to the ill-health of his wife Christine
- The Reverend Christopher Forder has resigned as Assistant Minister at The Good Shepherd, Edge Hill, effective 30 December 2021
- The Reverend Merlin Manners has retired as Priest-in-Charge of Mt Isa, due to ill-health, and has retired with his wife Cathy to Millstream
- The Reverend Canon Helen Houghton has resigned as Chaplain of The Good Shepherd Home, Townsville, effective 30 December 2021
- The Reverend Noel Moloney has retired as Chaplain of The Good Shepherd Lodge, Mackay, due to declining health, effective 23 December 2021
On your behalf, I thank them all for their service over many years: I am very grateful for all that they have done for the Church in North Queensland, in the service of our Lord Jesus Christ. Paul (in Innisfail) and Merlin (in Mt Isa) have looked after parishes in rural towns and pastored with skill and dedication to diverse congregations. Chris at Edge Hill in Cairns has worked vigorously for the Gospel; and Helen and Noel have been distinguished in their ministry inside aged-care residences. Each have left their mark on their communities and in the broader church.
Accordingly, please give thanks and pray for Christine & Paul Beasley, Chris & Lesley Forder, Merlin & Cathy Manners, Noel & Wendy Moloney, and Helen & Len Houghton at this time, as they deal with serious health issues or take a fallow season before their next ministry. May the love of God and the support of their brothers and sisters in Christ sustain them and keep them all.
Yours in Christ
The Right Reverend Dr Keith Joseph
Bishop of North Queensland
Sexual Abuse contact line: 1800 242 544 or 07 3835 2216